Thursday 21 June 2012

Birmingham Open Day

My most recent medically related activity was visiting Birmingham University today!

For anyone interested there have been several changes to the admissions requirements, an admissions tutor told us the following:

- There is no longer a 7A* GCSE threshold but instead a requirement of an A* in Science, Maths and English GCSE
- Four As are required at AS level
- The typical offer for the upcoming year will be A*AA
- MMIs (Multiple Mini Interviews) are being introduced instead of a panel interview, initially with 4 stations each lasting between 5-8 minutes

I thoroughly enjoyed my day and thought the campus was brilliant! It was cool and very convenient arriving at the university's own train station and the sports facilities were excellent with a swimming pool and an impressive gym. There are opportunities to get involved with sport at all levels from university to subject teams, something which I am particularly interested in! Not only that but they are also planning to improve the sports facilities even more!

Today was my first university open day and I was impressed by the accommodation on all levels, it went beyond my expectations! It is definitely somewhere I would enjoy living and the students who were there were very honest about the advantages and disadvantages surrounding life at a campus university.

No comments:

Post a Comment